MUSHROOM & PEAS CURRY ( MUSHROOM MATAR)
Monday, May 28, 2007
So, here is the recipe.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- White button mushrooms – 5-6
- Green peas – 1 cup (frozen or fresh)
- Onion Paste ( 1 medium sized onion)
- 3 tbsp butter/olive oil
- Cashew nut paste-2 tbsp
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- ½ cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream – 2-3 tbsp
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- Mint leaves (for garnishing)
- Wash all mushrooms under running water. Wipe them softly and cut into slices. Now heat a greased pan and saute the mushroom slices till they turn light brown.
- Now again heat a deep pan with butter/olive oil. Add cumin seeds & bay leaf to heated oil. When they crackle, add onion, ginger, garlic paste & salt and fry on medium heat for 5-6 min.
- Now add cashew paste and all spices (cumin, coriander,garam masala powder). Keep stirring otherwise cashew paste would stick to the bottom and get burnt. Cook them on medium low heat for 4-5 min.
- Add green peas and fry for another 2-3 min on medium high heat. After that add sauteed mushroom slices in this mixture and mix well. Keep stirring it and slowly add milk. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook them for 4-5 min on medium heat. If gravy becomes thick then you can add little water to make it thinner.
- Remove the pan from heat. Place mushroom peas curry in serving bowl and garnish with sour cream and mint leaves. Serve it with fried rice, roti, naan or parantha.
posted by Rashmi @ 8:39 PM,
- At February 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Anthony said...
This looks delicious! I am new to Indian cooking and cardamom will be a new spice to use in the kitchen. When you call for 2 pods, do you add them into the recipe whole, do you crack them, or do you grind the seeds?
Thanks and I can't wait to try this!
- At February 26, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Anthony said...
Sorry, you can ignore my previous comment, I was looking at a different recipe that called for cardamom pods
- At March 31, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Good Gynecologist in Kodambakkam said...
I made this last night and it was amazing!!! I can't wait to make it again!
- At February 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM, said...
This is designed probable by its Dual-Treadles or separate belted platforms that can be modified depending on your own desire.
Also visit my weblog adjustable dumbbells