KALAKAND (MILK CAKE)
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Cooking time – 20 min
- Whole milk -1 liter
- Home made paneer – 500 gm
- Sugar / Splenda sugar free - ½ cup
- Chopped nuts - ½ cup ( Almonds, Pistachio )
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Butter / ghee for greasing
- Turn on the stove and boil milk in a heavy bottomed vessel. Meanwhile, mash paneer with your hand. When milk comes to a boil add mashed paneer and keep stirring. Reduce the heat to medium and stir till liquid evaporates and the mixture thickens.
- Add sugar /Splenda sugar free & cardamom powder in this mixture and mix well. Keep stirring till excess liquid evaporates. Now it should look like semi-solid mixture. Remove this mixture from heat.
- Take a plate/tray and grease with butter/ghee and spread all chopped nuts. Now spread this hot semi-solid mixture in the greased plate/tray. Let it cool for 2-3 hr. Cut into burfi or desired shape and serve this Kalakand as dessert.
posted by Rashmi @ 10:55 PM,
- At April 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM, said...
Can Ricotta Cheese be used instead of homemade paneer?
- At July 19, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Rashmi said...
yes, we can use Ricotta cheese instead of paneer.
- At August 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM, said...
Thanks for the recipe. Will Try.